Wednesday 22 July 2015

Reigniting Creativity

Someone asked me recently how to get back into art. I don't know that I'm the right person to ask, but I suggested that she come to some Creative Doctors networking meetings and ask some people who've done just that how they went about "getting back into art"  after many years of a life immersed in medicine.

Since then I've met someone else who might be able to help.

Sally Swain is an  artist, art therapist and "creativity coach" from Sydney who has a blog called Art and Soul Space. She's also the author of several very interesting books including "Great Housewives of Art" a wonderfully humourous and provocative look at art and gender through such serious subjects as Madame Degas vacuuming in her tutu and Mrs Picasso dusting the mantelpiece. (You can click here to see more of the fabulous pictures from the book)

If you want to be inspired have a look at Sally's blog. I guarantee that every post will make you smile. You'll love the non-linear connections, the flexible thinking and the way she turns the everyday into something special.

You may even come away inspired to do something creative yourself.

No comments: