Tuesday 21 April 2015

Last Writes - A story by Dr Hilton Koppe

I've got to stop talking about Hilton - he's rapidly becoming the star of the Creative Doctors blog. But don't worry Hilton - there's plenty of talent out there and I'm sure your pedestal will get a bit wobbly very soon!
In the meantime, the story Hilton shared with us at our Creative Doctors Creative Writing Workshop in March has been published in the most recent edition of Pulse MD - Voices From the Heart of Medicine
Dr Hilton Koppe

Here's the link to the story.

And for those of you who need encouragement to read it here are some of the things people have said in the comments so far:

Lovely and touching story, Hilti!   #sheila turken



I just about managed to finish reading your account before tears could flood my eyes completely Causing temporary blindness.   #promila thomas

Thanks very much Hilton for sharing this moving story, which feels deeply authentic. I'm sure that this man was very fortunate to have you accompany him throughout his illness and to bear witness to the end. You've also offered a frank insight into the frustrations, doubts and fears which are an integral part of this work   .#Sally Warmington

A pleasure to hear your fine voice from my inbox this morning, Dr Koppe. You've expressed many aspects of my own experience -- the satisfaction, doubts and sadness of being a rural GP -- salty like a breath of Lennox Head breeze -- thank you.   #Janelle Trees


Lennox Head NSW Australia

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good day I am so grateful I found your blog, I really found you by
error, while I was looking on Askjeeve for something else, Regardless I am here now and would just like to say thank
you for a incredible post and a all round enjoyable blog (I also love the theme/design), I don't have time to look
over it all at the moment but I have saved it and also added in your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read
more, Please do keep up the excellent work.

Anonymous said...

We are a group of volunteers and starting a new scheme in our community.
Your site offered us with valuable information to work on.
You have done an impressive job and our whole community will be thankful to
you.

Anonymous said...

Usually I don't read article on blogs, but I would like to
say that this write-up very compelled me to check out and do it!
Your writing taste has been surprised me. Thanks, very nice article.

Anonymous said...

This website was... how do you say it? Relevant!! Finally I have found something which helped me.
Thank you!